This sweet and savory Peach Pecan Salad with Vidalia Onion Dressing is a great addition to any meal.
Peach Pecan Salad with Vidalia Onion Dressing
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1(22-ounce) package thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 (6-ounce) packages mixed salad greens
- 4 fresh peaches, pitted and sliced
- ½ cup shaved fresh Parmesan
- For dressing: In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until onion is tender and browned. Remove from heat, and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Transfer onion to a medium screw-top jar. Add oil and all remaining ingredients. Secure lid on jar, and shake well to combine. Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- For salad: In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until browned and crisp; let drain on paper towels.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add pecans, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until fragrant and toasted. Sprinkle with sea salt, and let cool.
- In a large bowl, toss together greens, peaches, cheese, bacon, and pecans. Drizzle with dressing, and serve immediately.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!