Classic Southern pound cake gets all dressed up for summer with fresh peaches and crunchy pecans.
Peach Pecan Pound Cake
Makes 1 (10-inch) cake
Write a review
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 3 cups diced peeled fresh peaches, divided
- 1 cup toasted chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325°. Lightly grease a 10-inch tube pan with all-vegetable shortening.
- In a large bowl, beat flour, sugar, butter, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla paste with a mixer at low speed for 1 minute; scrape sides and bottom of bowl. Increase speed to medium, and beat for 2 minutes; stir in 2 1/2 cups peaches. Sprinkle pecans in bottom of prepared pan, and pour batter into pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, about 90 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Top with remaining ½ cup peaches just before serving. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- To quickly peel a lot of peaches, cook them whole in a pot of boiling water for 30 seconds. Transfer peaches to ice water, and let them cool enough to handle. The peels will slip right off with a gentle tug.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/