This peach cobbler is topped with rich blueberry drop biscuits and can be made year-round.
Peach Cobbler with Blueberry Drop Biscuits
Makes 10 to 12 servings
Write a review
- ¾ cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 8 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cold butter, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together ¼ cup sugar and cornstarch. Add peaches, tossing gently to coat. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- In same bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining ½ cup sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in blueberries. Gradually add cream, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls over peaches.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- To make this cobbler year-round, use 3 (20-ounce) bags of thawed frozen peaches and 1 (16-ounce) bag of frozen blueberries that have been thawed and drained in place of fresh fruit.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!