These gooey cinnamon rolls feature a sweet peach filling.
Peach Cinnamon Rolls
Makes 2 dozen
Write a review
- 1 cup warm milk (105° to 110°)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 (1/4-ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 1/2 cups plus 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peeled fresh peaches (about 1 medium)
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, stir together milk, honey, and yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes or until foamy.
- In the bowl of a heavy-duty stand mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment, combine milk mixture, butter, egg, and salt, and beat at low speed until combined. Gradually add 4 1/2 cups flour, and beat at medium-low speed for 3 minutes.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray, and place dough in bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let stand in a warm, draft-free place (85°) for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon, and remaining 1/3 cup flour.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, and divide dough in half. Roll each half into an 18x9-inch rectangle. Sprinkle each rectangle with half of pecan mixture and half of peaches.
- Starting at one long side, roll up each dough rectangle, jelly-roll style, into a log, and cut each log into 1 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place slices, cut side down, in prepared pan. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place (85°) for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Uncover rolls.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar, cream, and vanilla. Spread glaze onto rolls, and serve warm.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great traditional Southern recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!