Pavlova with Chambord Cream and Fruit
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 6 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chocolate extract
- 1/4 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons Chambord Liqueur
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 kiwi, peeled, halved, and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 250°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Draw a 10-inch circle onto parchment; turn paper over so circle touches baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar with a mixer at medium-high speed
- until foamy. Add granulated sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until
- stiff peaks form. Fold in vinegar and chocolate extract.
- In a small bowl, sift together cocoa and cornstarch; gently fold into egg white mixture.
- Spoon mixture onto circle on parchment.
- Bake for 11 /2 hours. Turn oven off, and let meringue cool completely in oven.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream with a mixer at medium speed until soft peaks. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating until stiff peaks form; stir in Chambord. Spoon whipped cream into center of cooled meringue, and top with fruit. Serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/