This colorful snack mix is easy to whip up and great for any of our nation’s patriotic celebrations and holidays.
Patriotic Snack Mix
Makes about 6 quarts
Write a review
- 4 quarts popped corn
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 (3-ounce) box cherry gelatin
- 6 cups yogurt-covered pretzels
- 2 cups blue candy-coated chocolate pieces
- Preheat oven to 250°. Place popped corn in a large disposable roasting pan.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in sugar, 3 tablespoons water, and corn syrup. Whisk in gelatin, and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Drizzle mixture onto popped corn, and stir until coated.
- Bake popcorn for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Spread popcorn in an even layer on wax paper, and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn, pretzels, and chocolate pieces. Store in airtight containers for up to 2 weeks.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/