Parmesan-Peppercorn Mashed Potatoes
Write a review
- 4 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons plus ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 (6-ounce) package shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring potatoes, 2 tablespoons salt, and water to cover to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain potatoes, and return to pan.
- Using a potato masher, mash potatoes to desired consistency. Add half-and-half, remaining 5 ingredients, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt, stirring to combine. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/