These yummy Oven-Roasted Mashed Potatoes are full of delicious flavor from butter, fresh thyme leaves, and garlic.
Oven-Roasted Mashed Potatoes
Serves: 8 to 10
- 1½ pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes
- 1½ pounds baby red potatoes
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ cups warm whole milk
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a 13×9-inch baking dish, stir together potatoes, butter, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper; spread in an even layer.
- Bake until potatoes are fork-tender, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Transfer potatoes, melted butter, and seasonings in pan to a large bowl. Using a potato masher, mash potatoes to desired consistency. Stir in warm milk and broth or reserved drippings. Keep warm until ready to serve.