No oil is needed to get a crunchy crust on these catfish fillets.
Makes 8 servings
Write a review
- 8 (6-ounce) catfish fillets
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 6 cups cornflakes, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place catfish in 13x9-inch baking dish, and pour buttermilk on top. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil, and place a wire rack on top. Spray rack with cooking spray.
- Place cornflake crumbs in a shallow dish. Remove fish from buttermilk, and sprinkle both sides with Creole seasoning and salt. Dredge in cornflakes, pressing gently to adhere. Place on prepared rack.
- Bake until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork, about 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/