Onion, garlic, yellow squash, zucchini, fresh parsley, Parmesan cheese, and chicken broth adds plenty of flavor to this Orzo Pilaf.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16-ounce) box orzo
- 1 (32-ounce) carton chicken broth
- 2 fresh zucchini, chopped
- 2 fresh yellow squash, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Add orzo; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in broth, zucchini, and squash, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed. Stir in cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!