Muffins are just about the easiest bread to make. These Orange–Thyme Muffins get mild savory flavor from fresh thyme.
Makes 1 dozen
Write a review
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and next 4 ingredients. Make a well in dry ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, 1/2 cup orange juice, melted butter, and orange zest. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and remaining 1 tablespoon orange juice. Spoon mixture onto hot muffins, and let cool in pans for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great traditional Southern recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!