This silky orange mousse tart is topped with sweet blackberries.
Orange Mousse Tart with Blackberries
Makes 1 (10-inch) tart
Write a review
- 2 1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 1/3 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 6 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 (12-ounce) packages fresh blackberries
- 6 tablespoons orange marmalade, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, stir together wafer crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 10-inch removable-bottom tart pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, stir together orange juice and gelatin; let stand for 5 minutes or until softened.
- In a small saucepan, cook 1/3 cup cream and white chocolate over low heat, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Add gelatin mixture, stirring to dissolve. Stir in orange zest. Remove from heat, and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour white chocolate mixture into a large bowl, and refrigerate, stirring frequently, for 30 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken but is not set.
- In a medium bowl, beat remaining 2 cups cream with a mixer at medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into thickened white chocolate mixture, and spoon into prepared crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- In a medium bowl, gently stir together blackberries and marmalade; spoon onto tart just before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!