Whip up a light, fluffy mousse for this no-bake cake in minutes.
Orange Mousse Cake
Makes 1 (10-inch) cake
Write a review
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 (¼-ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2½ cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 10 (1-ounce) squares white chocolate, chopped
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ tablespoons orange zest
- ½ cup chopped toasted macadamia nuts
- For crust: In a medium bowl, stir together all ingredients. Press into bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- For filling: In a small bowl, stir together orange juice and gelatin; let stand for 5 minutes or until gelatin is softened.
- In a small saucepan, bring ½ cup cream to a low boil over medium heat. Remove from heat, and stir in white chocolate until melted and smooth. Stir in gelatin mixture, and let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and orange zest with a mixer at medium speed until smooth; slowly add cooled white chocolate mixture, beating until well combined.
- In another large bowl, beat remaining 2 cups cream with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream into white chocolate mixture until blended and smooth. Pour into Graham Cracker Crust. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Remove from freezer, and gently run a knife around edges of pan to release crust. Sprinkle with macadamia nuts before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!