Enjoy this delicious Orange-Buttermilk Chess Pie any time of the year.
Orange-Buttermilk Chess Pie
Makes 1 (9-inch) pie
Write a review
- ½ (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, cooled slightly
- Garnish: fresh orange slices and fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 325°. Unroll pie crust, and fit into a 9-inch pie pan. Fold edges under and crimp.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, cornmeal, and salt. In another medium bowl, combine eggs and next 4 ingredients, stirring until combined. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients, stirring until well combined. Stir in melted butter. Pour mixture into prepared crust.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until center is just set. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Serve at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with orange slices and raspberries, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!