These chewy orange bars are bursting with citrus flavor.
Makes about 2 dozen
Write a review
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, divided
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Garnish: orange zest strips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, letting excess extend over sides of pan; spray foil with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, and salt. Add butter, eggs, 1 teaspoon orange zest, and extract, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well combined. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and center is set. Remove from oven, and prick all over with a fork. In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar, orange juice, and remaining 1 teaspoon zest until smooth. Pour onto warm bar in pan, and let cool completely.
- Using excess foil as handles, remove from pan, and cut into bars. Garnish with zest strips, if desired. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!