These hearty Open-Faced Turkey Reubens are layered with sauerkraut, baby spinach, Swiss cheese, mayonnaise, and dill pickle relish on toasted pumpernickel bread.
Open-Faced Turkey Reubens
Makes 4 servings
- ½ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4 thick slices pumpernickel bread, lightly toasted
- 8 thick slices turkey
- 1 cup refrigerated sauerkraut, drained well
- ¾ cup baby spinach
- 4 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, chili sauce, relish, shallot, and vinegar. Spread onto one side of each bread slice. Top each with 2 slices turkey, kraut, spinach, and 1 slice cheese. Place on prepared pan.
- Bake until cheese is melted and sandwich is heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!