Open-Faced Pulled Pork Barbecue Sandwiches
- ¼ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (4- to 5-pound) boneless pork shoulder
- 1 (32-ounce) carton chicken broth
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 6 slices Texas toast, baked according to package directions
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and next 4 ingredients. Pat pork dry with paper towels, and rub sugar mixture over pork.
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine broth, onion, and garlic. Place meat over onion mixture; cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until pork is fork-tender.
- Remove pork from slow cooker, discarding cooking liquid. Using two forks, shred meat into bite-size pieces, discarding fat.
- In a medium bowl, combine shredded pork and barbecue sauce. Divide among Texas toast; serve immediately.
If you like this, here are more bbq grill recipes from the Deen Brothers.