Get a taste of New Orleans with these muffaletta sandwiches.
Open-Faced Muffaletta Sandwiches
Makes 8 servings
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 small focaccia rounds, halved
- 8 thin slices provolone cheese
- 8 thin slices Havarti cheese
- 2 (4-ounce) packages thinly sliced Genoa salami
- 2 (4-ounce) packages thinly sliced capocollo ham
- ½ cup thinly sliced stuffed green olives
- ½ cup thinly sliced black olives
- ½ cup thinly sliced pepperoncini peppers
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: fresh parsley leaves
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients. Spread mayonnaise mixture onto cut side of all bread halves, top each with cheeses, salami, and next 4 ingredients. Sprinkle with pepper, and garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!