Sweet, juicy cherry tomatoes and mild, buttery mozzarella make One-Pot Tomato-Basil Ziti quick and easy weeknight meal a delicious success.
One-Pot Tomato-Basil Ziti
Serves: Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ (16-ounce) package ziti pasta
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup mozzarella pearls
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- In a medium Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add 1 cup tomatoes and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add stock, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender, about 9 minutes.
- Stir shredded mozzarella and cream into pasta mixture until cheese is melted; remove from heat. Stir in mozzarella pearls, basil, and remaining 1 cup tomatoes; cook until heated through. Serve immediately.