This One-Pot Spicy Sausage Tortellini is easy to make and delicious.
One-Pot Spicy Sausage Tortellini
Makes 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 (24-ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (19-ounce) bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 (5-ounce) bag fresh baby spinach, chopped
- Garnish: shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a medium Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute. Add sausage; cook, using the back of a spoon to break up meat, until browned, about 8 minutes. Add pasta sauce, tomatoes, broth, and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Add tortellini; cover and cook until pasta is tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in spinach until just wilted. Garnish with Parmesan, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!