This classic potato salad recipe contains eggs, celery, and bacon.
Old-Fashioned Potato Salad
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 (3-pound) bag small red potatoes, quartered
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 5 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- In a large Dutch oven, bring potatoes and water to cover to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer for 8 minutes or just until tender. Drain well, and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients; stir in potatoes, bacon, and all remaining ingredients until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!