This easy-to-make Oatmeal Raisin Cake is a scrumptious treat.
Oatmeal Raisin Cake
Makes 1 (10-inch) cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup plus 3 tablespoons whole milk, divided
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 12- to 15-cup Bundt pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In another large bowl, whisk together oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Gradually add oat mixture to butter mixture, beating just until combined. Beat in ½ cup milk and applesauce until combined. Stir in raisins and walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, 40 to minutes. Let cool in pan for
- minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and remaining 3 tablespoons milk; drizzle onto cooled cake. Let stand until glaze is set, about 20 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!