You don’t have to boil the pasta before assembling and baking this macaroni and cheese.
No-Boil Macaroni and Cheese
Makes 10 to 12 servings
Write a review
- 1 (16-ounce) box elbow macaroni
- 1 (8-ounce) package sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (32-ounce) carton chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place uncooked macaroni and cheeses in prepared pan, tossing gently to combine.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook for 8 minutes or until tender. Whisk in flour, and cook, whisking constantly, for 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in broth, milk, salt, and pepper; cook, whisking frequently, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Pour over macaroni mixture, and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 to 20 more minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great traditional Southern recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!