New York-Style Cheesecake
Makes 1 (10-inch) cake
Write a review
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafer cookies
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Garnish: fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 300º. Wrap outside bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan with a piece of aluminum foil.
- For crust: In a medium bowl, stir together all ingredients. Press mixture into bottom and 2 inches up sides of prepared pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool completely.
- For batter: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, and flour with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs and yolks, one at a time, beating just until combined after each addition. Stir in cream. Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Bake for 1 hour. Turn oven off, and leave cheesecake in oven with door closed for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Garnish with raspberries, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/