These Nacho Cheese Straws are packed with a tasty combination of zesty taco seasoning and extra-sharp Cheddar Cheese.
Nacho Cheese Straws
Makes 2½ dozen
Write a review
- 1½ cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine cheese and next 3 ingredients. Pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, and process just until mixture forms a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, shape dough into a 1-inch-thick rectangle. Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- On a heavily floured surface, roll dough to a 12x10-inch rectangle. Using a pastry wheel, cut dough lengthwise into 30 (⅜-inch-wide) strips. Transfer to prepared pans.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers for up to 3 days.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/