These Mushroom-Bacon Green Beans are a timeless side dish.
Mushroom-Bacon Green Beans
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 (8-ounce) packages sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1¼ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (8-ounce) packages fresh French green beans
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towels to drain, reserving drippings in pan. Crumble bacon.
- Add mushrooms and next 4 ingredients to pan, and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until mushrooms have released their liquid.
- Stir in green beans; cover and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until green beans are crisp-tender.
- Stir in capers, lemon juice, and bacon.
Get more great traditional Southern recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!