These Mulling Spice Sachets make ordinary apple cider smell and taste like Christmas.
Mulling Spice Sachets
Makes 8 sachets
Write a review
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 6 cardamom pods
- 2 whole nutmegs
- 3 tablespoons whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon dried orange peel
- Cheesecloth and kitchen string
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine cinnamon sticks, cardamom pods, and nutmeg. Using a rolling pin or meat mallet, coarsely crush spices. Add cloves and orange peel.
- Cut 8 (4-inch) squares from a double layer of cheesecloth. Spoon about 1 tablespoon spice mixture into center of each square. Gather edges of each square, and tie with kitchen string to enclose spice mixture. Store sachets in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!