Monte Cristo Sandwiches
Makes 3 servings
Write a review
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened and divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 (1⁄2-inch-thick) slices challah bread
- 3⁄4 pound thinly sliced deli black forest ham
- 3 slices Muenster cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
- In a small bowl, stir together 1⁄4 cup butter and mustard. Spread mixture onto 1 side of each bread slice. Divide ham evenly among 3 bread slices. Top each with 1 slice cheese. Cover each with remaining bread slices, butter side down.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together eggs and milk. In a large skillet, melt remaining 1⁄4 cup butter over medium heat. Dip both sides of each sandwich into egg mixture, letting excess drip off. Cook sandwiches in skillet for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar, if desired. Serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/