Mixed Berry Charlotte
Makes 1 (8½-inch) cake
Write a review
- ¼ cup hot water
- 1 (¼-ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup amaretto liqueur
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 (3-ounce) packages soft ladyfingers, halved horizontally
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- Line bottom of an 8½-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Spray parchment with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together ¼ cup hot water and gelatin; let stand for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir to dissolve gelatin.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, butter, and amaretto with a mixer at medium speed until creamy.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream and granulated sugar with a mixer at medium-high speed until soft peaks form; add dissolved gelatin, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream mixture into cream cheese mixture.
- Arrange ladyfingers, cut sides up, over bottom and around sides of pan, making sure ladyfingers touch. Spread half of cream mixture evenly over ladyfingers. Top with half of blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. Spread remaining cream mixture over berries, and top with remaining berries. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/