These tasty Mini Hot Browns are a bite-size version of the Southern favorite.
Mini Southern Hot Browns
Makes 10 servings
Write a review
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 frozen buttermilk biscuits, baked according to package directions and halved horizontally
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 (12-ounce) package bacon, chopped, cooked, and drained
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour; cook, whisking constantly, for 2 minutes. Whisk in milk; cook, whisking frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is thick and bubbly. Whisk in Swiss cheese, salt, and pepper until melted.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In 10 small ovenproof dishes, place 1 biscuit half, cut side up, and brush with melted butter. Broil for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Top each biscuit half with turkey, tomato, bacon, and cheese sauce, and sprinkle with Parmesan. Broil for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great traditional Southern recipes and more by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!