These Mini Shepherd’s Pies are great for appetizers or kid-friendly entrées.
Mini Shepherd's Pies
Makes 10 servings
Write a review
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 (24-ounce) package frozen cut russet potatoes*
- 1/2 (5.2-ounce) package garlic and herbs cheese*
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can refrigerated original buttermilk biscuits
- ½ cup crushed potato chips
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray 10 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until beef is browned and crumbly; drain. Stir in peas and carrots and next 4 ingredients; remove from heat.
- Cook potatoes according to package directions. Add cheese, stirring to combine.
- Press biscuit dough into bottom and up sides of prepared muffin cups. Top with meat mixture, pressing down gently. Cover with mashed potatoes.
- Bake until biscuits are golden brown, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with potato chips, and garnish with chives, if desired. Serve immediately.
- *We used Ore-Ida Steam n’ Mash Cut Russet Potatoes and Boursin Cheese Spread.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/