You don’t have to share these mini coconut cream pies.
Mini Coconut Cream Pies
Makes 1 dozen
Write a review
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (4-ounce) packages miniature graham cracker pie crusts
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Garnish: toasted sweetened flaked coconut
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, and salt. Whisk in eggs and yolks until well combined.
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk and coconut over medium heat just until bubbles form around edges of pan (do not boil). Slowly whisk one-third of hot milk mixture into egg mixture. Whisk egg mixture into remaining hot milk mixture in pan. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat until mixture is very thick. Stir in butter and vanilla until melted. Spoon mixture into pie crusts.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Top pies with whipped topping just before serving; garnish with toasted coconut, if desired.
- To toast coconut, spread it onto a small rimmed baking sheet, and bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!