Lemon and lime blend to create impressive and delicious Mini Citrus Bundt Cakes.
Mini Citrus Bundt Cakes
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box white cake mix*
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- Citrus Glaze (recipe follows)
- Garnish: lemon and lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 9 (4-inch) mini Bundt pan wells with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, egg whites, milk, oil, lemon and lime zest, and half each of lemon and lime juice with a mixer at medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared wells, filling each three-fourths full.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Drizzle with Citrus Glaze. Garnish with zest, if desired. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
*We used Duncan Hines Classic White Cake Mix.
Makes about 1 cup
- 2⅔ cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and lemon and lime zest. Combine lemon and lime juice to measure 4 tablespoons; whisk into confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Use immediately.