For the perfect bright cocktail this winter, look no further than these Meyer Lemon Gimlets.
Meyer Lemon Gimlets
Makes 4 servings
Write a review
- 1 cup Meyer lemon juice, divided
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar, plus more for rim
- ⅔ cup gin
- Garnish: thin Meyer lemon slices
- Combine ½ cup lemon juice, ½ cup water, and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring just until sugar dissolves. Let cool completely.
- On a small plate, pour sugar. On another small plate, pour water to a depth of ¹⁄8 inch. Dip rims of glasses into water and then in sugar. Let dry.
- In a pitcher, stir together syrup, remaining ½ cup Meyer lemon juice, and gin. Shake gin mixture in a cocktail shaker with ice or refrigerate until cold. Pour chilled gin mixture into prepared glasses. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/