Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 5½ cups cubed watermelon
- 1½ cups cubed cantaloupe
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 (3-ounce) packet liquid pectin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- Garnish: watermelon slices
- In a large saucepan, bring watermelon and next 4 ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat, mashing fruit with a potato masher until only small pieces remain. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in pectin, and cook 10 minutes more.
- Remove fruit mixture from heat, and let cool for 5 minutes. Gradually stir in cream and milk; cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or until very cold.
- Pour mixture into the container of an ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. If a firmer texture is desired, spoon into an airtight container, and freeze until firm. Garnish with watermelon, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/