Mediterranean Pita Pizzas
Makes 6 servings
Write a review
- ¾ pound ground chuck
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1 (12-ounce) package pita bread rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sliced black olives, drained
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large skillet, cook ground chuck over medium heat, stirring frequently, until browned and crumbly; drain well, and return to skillet. Stir in tomato sauce and Greek seasoning; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Place pitas in a single layer on prepared pan, and brush with olive oil.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Top pitas with mozzarella, beef mixture, tomato, and all remaining ingredients. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes more or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve immediately.
- Baking the pitas before they’re topped makes them crispy. Don’t prebake them if you like a softer pizza crust.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/