Ground sirloin, tomatoes, garlic, parsley, baby spinach, Italian cheese, and frozen pasta create a flavorful and convenient Meaty Spinach Ravioli Bake.
Meaty Spinach Ravioli Bake
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ½ pound ground sirloin
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (24-ounce) jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (5-ounce) bag fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 (24-ounce) package frozen cheese ravioli
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook until browned and crumbly, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, onion, garlic, salt, and all pepper; cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in pasta sauce and parsley, and cook until heated through.
- Spread one-third of sauce in bottom of prepared pan. Top with half of spinach, ½ cup cheese, and half of ravioli; repeat layers once. Top with remaining sauce and remaining cheese.
- Bake until pasta is tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!