This classic Meat Loaf with Tomato Gravy includes ground chuck and pork, french fried onions, and sharp Cheddar cheese. Serve this delicious dish with a hefty side of mashed potatoes.
Meat Loaf with Tomato Gravy
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup crushed french fried onions
- 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2½ teaspoons dried parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with roasted garlic and onion
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together ground chuck, next 5 ingredients, 2 teaspoons parsley, pepper, and salt. Add eggs, stirring to combine. Press mixture into prepared pan, packing down lightly.
- Bake for 75 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in center registers 155°. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour, and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, broth, and remaining ½ teaspoon parsley. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!