These crunchy delights take leftover mashed potatoes to the next level.
Mashed Potato Cakes
- 2 cups cold thick mashed potatoes
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh chives
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- Garnish: sliced fresh chives
- If preheating is recommended by your air fryer manual, preheat fryer to 400°.
- In a large bowl, stir together mashed potatoes, 1 egg, chives, salt, and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, place flour. In another shallow bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon water and remaining 2 eggs. In a third shallow bowl, place bread crumbs.
- Form potato mixture into 8 (2½-inch-wide) patties (¾ inch thick; about ¼ cup each). Dredge each patty in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg wash; roll in bread crumbs to coat.
- Working in batches, spray croquettes well with cooking spray. Place in air fryer basket, and set fryer to 400°.
- Cook until golden and crispy, about 16 minutes, turning halfway through cooking and spraying with cooking spray again. Serve warm. Garnish with chives, if desired.