This Mashed Potato Bake is full of flavor from butter, cream cheese, and Gruyere cheese.
Mashed Potato Bake
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 5 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1½ cups half-and-half
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces shredded Gruyère cheese
- ¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons salted butter, cut into ½-inch pieces and divided
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large Dutch oven, bring potatoes and water to cover to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes; drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes with a potato masher until coarsely mashed. Stir in half-and-half, cream cheese, Gruyère, ¼ cup butter, salt, and pepper until well combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake until hot and bubbly and edges are golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Dot with remaining 3 tablespoons butter before serving. Garnish with rosemary, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!