These bacon skewers are a mouth-watering delight glazed with a mixture of brown sugar and maple syrup.
Maple-Glazed Bacon Skewers
Makes about 12 servings
Write a review
- 28 (12-inch) wooden skewers
- 3 cups maple syrup
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 4 (16-ounce) packages bacon
- Soak skewers in water for at least 1 hour. Preheat oven to 375º. Line baking sheets with aluminum foil, and top with wire racks.
- In a small saucepan, combine syrup, sugar, and mustard. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, for 8 minutes or until sugar dissolves and mixture is smooth. Measure ⅔ cup syrup and set aside.
- Thread 2 bacon slices onto each skewer. Place skewers on racks. Brush with remaining syrup, turn, and brush again.
- Bake, brushing with glaze every 10 minutes, for 30 to 35 minutes or until bacon reaches desired degree of doneness; turn after 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and brush with reserved ⅔ cup glaze. Cool slightly, and place on a serving tray. (Do not let cool completely on racks, or bacon will stick to racks.)
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/