This classic Macaroni and Cheese is a cheesy delight with mozzarella, Monterey Jack, and smoked provolone cheese.
Macaroni and Cheese
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (32-ounce) carton chicken broth
- 1 (8-ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (8-ounce) package Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (8-ounce) package smoked provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 (16-ounce) box ziti, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Spray a 3-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and pepper; cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Slowly stir in broth. Cook, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Gradually stir in mozzarella, Monterey Jack, and provolone until cheeses melt and mixture is smooth. Add pasta, stirring gently to coat.
- Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes. Top with Colby-Jack cheese, and bake for 10 additional minutes or until cheese is melted.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!