This meat lasagna has both ground beef and mild sausage for extra Italian flavor.
Lots O' Meat Lasagna
Makes 12 servings
Write a review
- 1½ pounds ground chuck
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (5-ounce) package grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 9 oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 2 (8-ounce) packages shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine ground chuck, sausage, onion, and garlic. Cook over medium heat until meat is browned and crumbles; drain.
- Return meat to pan, and add tomato sauce, and next 6 ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese, Parmesan, parsley, and eggs.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spoon one-fourth of sauce into bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Place 3 uncooked lasagna noodles on top of sauce. Do not overlap noodles.
- Spread one-third of cottage cheese mixture over noodles, top with one-fourth of sauce and one-third of cheese. Repeat layers, ending with sauce, reserving one-third of cheese.
- Bake 45 minutes. Top with remaining cheese, and bake 15 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/