This baked seafood macaroni and cheese is a taste of the coast.
Lobster Mac and Cheese
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (32-ounce) carton chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded Gruyère cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) package cavatappi pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 3/4 pound chopped cooked lobster meat
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 3-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add wine, and cook for 5 minutes or until almost all liquid is evaporated. Add flour and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 8 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in mozzarella, next 2 ingredients, and 1 tablespoon parsley until melted and smooth. Gently stir in pasta and lobster. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together bread crumbs, Parmesan, and remaining 1 tablespoon parsley; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Chopped cooked shrimp can be substituted for lobster.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/