Spicy jalapeño and tender pork makes these Loaded Baked Sweet Potatoes extra special.
Loaded Baked Sweet Potatoes
Makes 4 servings
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon seeded chopped jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 cups shredded Slow Cooker Pork Roast (recipe follows)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Rub potatoes with oil; sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- Bake until tender, about 1 hour. Split potatoes; fluff with a fork.
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, jalapeño, lime zest and juice, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Top each potato with Slow Cooker Pork Roast, salsa, sour cream mixture, and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Slow Cooker Pork Roast
Makes about 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 (4-to 5-pound) pork shoulder
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 dried bay leaves
- In a small bowl, stir together salt, brown sugar, and pepper; rub all over pork. Place pork in a 6-quart slow cooker. Add onion and all remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Reduce to low; cook until very tender, about 6 hours. Discard bay leaves.
- Remove pork from cooker; let cool enough to handle. Shred pork using 2 forks.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!