This sweet and tangy Lime Buttermilk Tart has a scrumptious crust made with cookies, butter, and brown sugar.
Lime Buttermilk Tart
Makes 1 (11-inch) tart
- 1 (8.8-ounce) package Biscoff Cookies, crushed
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- ⅔ cup fresh lime juice
- ⅔ cup whole buttermilk
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Garnish: lime slices
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cookie crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of an 11x8-inch removable-bottom tart pan.
- Bake until light brown, about 8 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks with a mixer at high speed until thick and pale, 4 to 5 minutes. In a medium bowl, whisk together condensed milk and lime zest and juice. Gradually add condensed milk mixture to egg yolks, beating on low speed to combine. Add buttermilk, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and salt, beating to combine. Pour mixture into prepared crust.
- Bake until edges are set, 20 to 25 minutes (tart will not be fully set in center). Let cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate until cold, 4 to 6 hours. Serve with whipped topping, and garnish with lime, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!