This Lemony Shrimp and Caper Pasta is so quick and easy to assemble because the pasta does not have to be boiled beforehand–it cooks right in the pot.
Lemony Shrimp and Caper Pasta
Makes 6 servings
Write a review
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large fresh shrimp
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/2 (16-ounce) package angel hair pasta, broken in half
- In a Dutch oven, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in broth, wine, and lemon juice, and cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in remaining 1 cup butter until melted. Stir in shrimp and capers, and cook for 1 minute. Stir in pasta, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender and shrimp are pink and firm, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great traditional Southern recipes and more by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!