Lemon, Pepper, and Garlic Roasted Chicken
Write a review
- 1 (5-pound) whole chicken
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Discard neck and giblets from chicken, if necessary. Place lemon quarters in chicken cavity. Tie chicken legs together with kitchen twine. Place chicken, breast side up, on a roasting rack in a roasting pan. In a small bowl, stir together butter and next 3 ingredients. Brush half of butter mixture on chicken.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Brush chicken with remaining butter mixture. Bake for 45 minutes more or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion of chicken registers 165°. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/