This rich and creamy Lemon Mousse Cake is topped with decadent white chocolate curls.
Lemon Mousse Cake
Makes 1 (10-inch) cake
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (0.25-ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2½ cups cold heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2½ (4-ounce) bars white chocolate, chopped
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups sugar, divided
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnish: white chocolate curls
- For crust: In a medium bowl, stir together wafer crumbs, butter, and sugar until combined. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 10-inch springform pan; refrigerate.
- For filling: In a small bowl, stir together lemon juice and gelatin; let stand until softened, about 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, cook ½ cup cream and white chocolate over low heat, stirring frequently, until mixture is melted and smooth. Stir in gelatin mixture until dissolved, and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and zest with a mixer at medium speed until creamy; add cooled white chocolate mixture and vanilla, beating until combined.
- In another large bowl, beat remaining 2 cups cream and remaining ½ cup sugar with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture until well combined. Pour mixture into prepared crust. Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer, and gently run a knife around sides of pan to release crust; remove sides of pan. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Garnish with white chocolate curls, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!