There’s just nothing like a smooth, creamy icebox pie in the heat of the summer, and this light and refreshing lemon icebox pie will hit the spot.
Lemon Icebox Pie
Makes 1 (9-inch) deep-dish pie
Write a review
- 2 cups crushed shortbread cookies
- 1⅔ cups plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1¼ cups fresh lemon juice
- 10 ounces cream cheese, cut into ½-inch pieces and softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnish: lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, stir together cookie crumbs, 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, and melted butter. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together eggs, lemon zest and juice, and remaining 1⅔ cups granulated sugar until smooth. Cook over medium heat, whisking frequently, until thick, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and whisk in cream cheese until melted and smooth. Pour mixture into prepared crust, and freeze until firm, about 3 hours, or up to overnight.
- In a large bowl, beat cream, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla with a mixer on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Spread onto pie just before serving, and garnish with lemon, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!